Instagram Wellbeing Campaign (Mar ’22)
Instagram’s safety tools can be used to control your experience and take care of your safety on the platform. The starting point for this is to make sure you are aware about the tools that are available on the platform and make yourself more comfortable in implementing these tools when necessary. #OnIGYouDecide
Create a fun and engaging reel talking about how you create a positive experience for yourself on Instagram, and stand a chance to win exclusive goodies from Instagram.
Remix any Video on Instagram (Jan '22)
- Starting this month you can remix any new public video on Instagram, including feed videos and reels!
- This can help you respond to and reinvent the creative videos shared on Instagram every day, and get discovered by new audiences through collaboration.
Telugu Indian Idol (Jan ’22)
- Telugu Indian Idol in partnership with Born on Instagram is giving you a golden opportunity to ‘Skip the Queue’ and audition directly in front of the judges.
- Get a chance to become a singing icon by posting a reel using the hashtag #ahaIdolOnReels & #TeluguIndianIdol .
Reply to a comment with a Reel (Dec ’21)
- To help you spark new conversations with your audience, we developed reply to a comment with a reel. This will create a new reel that includes the comment as a sticker, and is visible anywhere you share reels
- That means there’s more ways to answer questions, respond to funny comments and keep the convo going with your audience
Take a Break (Dec ’21)
- We all need a break sometimes, right? That's why we launched “Take a Break,” a new tool to help people make informed decisions about how they’re spending their time on Instagram
- With this tool, if you’ve been scrolling for a certain amount of time (of your choosing), you’ll receive a reminder to take a break
#GameOfTribes is LIVE (Dec '21)
- Facebook presents the Game Of Tribes challenge - for those who love all things gaming!
- Create, build and engage your Facebook group. Compete in the #lit or #legend category and win big! Join the #GameOfTribes today!
#SacchaWalaLove Challenge is LIVE (Nov ’21)
- Warner Music India presents Payal Dev's latest track - Sacchawala Love exclusively on Instagram!
- Showcase your #SacchaWalaLove on IG Reels tagging @PayalDevOfficial & @WarnerMusicIndia with hashtags #SacchaWalaLove & #CreateTogether. The best Reels will be handpicked to feature in the final music video!
Text to Speech and Voice Effect on Reels (Nov ’21)
- Text to speech allows an auto generated voice to read your text aloud. This helps you add narration without using your own voice, and can add fun or humor to your Reels
- We’ve also launched Voice Effects, a tool that allows you to modify the audio and/or the voiceover in your Reel
Launching Link Sharing in Stories to All (Oct ’21)
- We’ve expanded the ability to add links in Stories to all accounts — no matter the size — as a new way to share what they love
- From organizing and educating around equity, social justice and mental well-being to showcasing new product drops, link sharing is helpful in many ways — so now we're giving access to everyone
‘We Are In The Making’ Campaign Launch (Oct ’21)
- Instagram announced a new consumer marketing campaign aimed at encouraging young people to express and explore their personal stories, on the platform
- The campaign, ‘We Are In the Making’, is Instagram’s first brand campaign in India, and will air on TV during the IPL and the upcoming T20 cricket World Cup, in addition to other broadcasters
Collabs - Global Launch (Oct ‘21)
- Instagram has launched a new collaboration feature that allows users to co-author Feed posts and Reels with other accounts
- This allows users to expand their reach by distributing their content to both accounts. They will also be able to see shared views, likes and comments from followers of both accounts
Introducing Instagram Videos (Oct ‘21)
- We are simplifying Instagram’s ecosystem by merging Feed video with IGTV video - and rebranding as Instagram Video
- For creators, this means that creating and sharing videos on Instagram just got even easier to do
- The new Video tab on Profile will be the home for this new combined video format
- Note: This will be updated in the creator course shortly
BornOnInstagram.com is now Live (Sept ‘21)
- Facebook announced the launch of www.bornoninstagram.com on September 30th during its 2021 edition of ‘Creator Day India’
- This is Facebook’s largest creator education and enablement programme in India, and is aimed at democratizing learning for creators across the country
New Ways to Protect Our Community from Abuse (Aug ‘21)
- Limits: to limit comments and DM requests during spikes of increased attention
- Stronger warnings: to discourage posting potentially offensive comments
- Hidden words: to automatically filter abusive DM requests
Controls to Hide Like Counts (May ‘21)
- We've introduced an opt-in control that allows people to hide “like counts” on all posts they see and create
- You can focus on the photos and videos being shared, instead of how many likes posts get, which we hope might depressurize people’s experience on Instagram.
Evolution of Instagram Insights (May ‘21)
- You can now view Insights for Reels and Live to understand how these content formats shape your account’s performance
- You can also view detailed information about Reach in Account Insights
Voiceover and Mix Audio Reels (April ‘21)
- Voiceover lets you add commentary as audio on Reels
- Mix Audio allows you to adjust the volume on your original or pre- selected audio and add music from our Audio Browser.
Remix on Reels (March ‘21)
- Remix is a creative tool that allows you to create your own Reel alongside an existing reel.
- Whether you’re capturing your reaction, responding to your friends or bringing your own perspective to the latest trends on Reels - Remix gives you a new way to create and collaborate on Instagram.